This morning as I was waking up I was thinking about different breakfast items that I might be able to make keto friendly. While I love my keto biscuit recipe, sausage ball puffs, and pancakes, I wanted to try something different today. Then, I remembered my 90 Second Bread Recipe and thought surely I can change it up to make a keto friendly French Toast. My hubby usually cooks breakfast on Saturday mornings, so I got in the kitchen with him and started to experiment. I just made one at first as a taste tester to see if it was going to be good or not. Needless to say, my two-year old scooted a chair from her little table right up next to the counter and kept asking for more. When she got down, she rubbed her belly and said, “It’s sooooooo good, mom!” By the time everyone had tasted I bite, I knew I had a hit on my hands especially when they all asked me to make more, which I happily obliged.
Also, check out my 90 Second Personal Pan Pizza recipe here.
I’m telling you, it was so good and filling, I don’t think I will be hungry for a long time.
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1¼ tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ tsp Swerve Confectioners Sugar
- Melt butter in a ceramic or glass bowl. (mine was about 6 inches)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together until combined.
- Cook in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and allow to cool for a minute or two.
- Cut bread in half like a bun (each side will be thin).
- In a flat dish add 1 egg and ¼ cup heavy whipping cream and combine with a whisk.
- Soak bread on both sides in egg and heavy whipping cream mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet and fry each side until crisp.
- Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon Swerve Confectioners Sugar on top and serve with sugar-free syrup.
Nutritional Info Based On MyFitness Pal app – Calories 249, Fat 21.2, Protein 7.7, Carbs 6.9g – Fiber 3.6 = Net Carbs 3.3g
- I did not include the egg/hwc wash in the macros as more than half of it was left behind in the dish.