Sams Club Deal!
This offer is BACK and it’s one of the cheapest deals we’ve ever seen!
Looking to get a Sam’s Club Membership? Now is a GREAT time to get one because when you buy a 1-Year Membership for just $7 after freebies!
Right now, purchase a 1-Year membership and as a bonus you’ll get:
- FREE $20 Sam’s Club Giftcard
- FREE 12″ Lattice Pie ($9 value)
- FREE Rotisserie Chicken ($5 value)
- FREE 36-ct Yest Rolls ($6 Value)
That’s $40 in extras!
The membership by itself is normally $45 – so this is a great deal and is basically like paying $5 after giftcard and your bonuses 🙂
Just head over HERE and get this offer before it sells out like last time.
Check out more Online Deals
Disclosure: I partnered with Babywise.Life to write this post. Although, this post is sponsored all opinions and text are my own.
Is it possible to survive newborn sleep without feeling like you are losing your mind? Perhaps a better title may have been surviving lack of newborn sleep without losing your mind. I don’t think anything can prepare your body for sleepless nights, even lack of sleep at the end of pregnancy. So, how do you survive? I feel like I have a unique perspective on motherhood being that my children were born in 3 different decades of my life. I was 29 when my first baby was born, 31 with my second, 40 with my third, and 42 with the caboose. My children are 13, 10, 2, and 5 months old. As I think about each baby, we have parented them all differently according to their unique personalities, and our life experiences at that time. However, there are some commonalities that I believe have helped contribute to our babies sleeping through the night.
The number one sanity saver, in my opinion, is perspective. Perspective began to hit me with baby number two, then even stronger with each subsequent pregnancy. With our first baby, it truly felt like I would never have a full nights sleep again in my entire life. The nights evaporated into days until I didn’t know if I was coming or going. However, in my last three pregnancies, I’ve been able to look back and remember that sleepless night’s end. Instead of feeling like I’d never sleep again, those precious moments in the hush of the night when it was just my precious baby and me, became a sacred moment. I knew it would end soon, so I savored their sweet smell and enjoyed their tiny bodies melting into mine as they sleepily nursed.
2. Feeding Time
Although the schedules of my babies have varied from a very rigid, same thing same time every day, to a much more loose schedule based on baby’s hunger cues, there is value in feeding about the same time each day. For example, my 5-month-old wakes up around the same time every morning, and she eats roughly every three hours all day long.
3. Late Night Feeding
Typically, if we are home baby girl falls asleep around 8:30 or 9 pm. Instead of letting her sleep until she wakes, I wake her around 10 pm for her last feeding of the day. This allows me a greater stretch of sleep in the night since I don’t go to bed at 9 pm.
4. Set the Atmosphere
When baby wakes in the middle of the night keep the room dark. I bought a very low voltage light bulb for the lamp beside my bed for diaper changes. Middle of the night feedings are very chill and calm. I don’t use this time to make her smile or get her attention to set the tone of expectation that after night feedings, we sleep.
5. Rest & Refuel
Sleep when you can. I know this one is hard, especially if you have other children besides a newborn. But, if you can lay down for a few minutes it will give your exhausted body rest. Next, make sure to fuel your body properly. Getting enough water and proper nutrition makes a huge difference, and it’s one thing that can be controlled when everything else seems contrary.
At the end of the day, one thing is sure, every season changes. My 2-year old, 10 years old, and 13 years old, never wake me during the night to feed them anymore. In fact, we’re happy if my teenager wants to sit with us at church instead of her friends. Give yourself grace on top of grace. Accomplishing the same things in a day as you did before a newborn is next to impossible. Creating new expectations, which include more grace than a list of tasks, will be one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself.
If you are looking for the best price on a Fit Bit, this is a pretty great one!
Right now on Ebay, pick up a Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Tracker for just $64.99 – which is the BEST price I’ve ever seen (Even better than Black Friday!).
OR – if you don’t mind the box being slightly damaged – you can get the Fitbit Charge HR for as low as $49.99!
FitBit Charger HR:
- Continuous, wrist-based heart-rate tracking
- 24/7 heart rate tracker monitors calorie burn and workout intensity
- Sleep monitoring
- Bright OLED display
- See call notifications
- Access real-time stats
- Sleek, comfortable design
- Set goals and see progress
- Sync stats wirelessly
Check out more Online Deals
I remember the day like it was yesterday. We had been potty training my daughter when she started getting up numerous times after we had put her to bed to go potty. We knew that as kids are potty training that it takes a while to understand their body signals. However, there was always something that was at the back of our minds. You see, my husband was diagnosed with Type I Diabetes when we were in college, so the symptoms never left our mind especially once we had children. We decided this particular night to check her blood sugar using my husband’s glucometer. I was almost shaking as I changed the lancet just thinking about the possibility. I couldn’t imagine having to give my baby daily injections and pricking her finger. Waiting for the glucometer to count down to show her blood sugar reading seemed like ages. The moment the reading popped up on the screen I knew our lives would dramatically change. I remember looking at our joyful full of energy three-year-old who was looking at us with the biggest smile on her face thinking how much her life would change. It was so scary even though my husband had lived with diabetes for 11 years; pediatric diabetes is an entirely different ballgame.continue reading…
Going off to college is really exciting, and a little overwhelming – to help prepare you for the transition, here are the Top 10 Things you Need for College Dorm Life.
Of course, there are oodles more you could bring along that would help you get comfortable, or be nice to have around (like bean bag chairs and dusting spray) – but in my experience, really long lists make for really great panic attacks. Plus – we think college is expensive enough without getting too crazy on dorm decor.
Start with this list for the basics, and build as you settle in. And remember – you may hit the jackpot with a crazy-prepared room mate who’ll come bearing all sorts of room furnishings, so hold off on any big purchases until you meet 🙂continue reading…
If you’d rather spend as little time as possible cooking in the kitchen – you might want to check out the Instant Pot.
Right now Amazon has this BRAND NEW 9-in-1 Instant Pot on price drop for the lowest EVER!
I’ve never seen the 9-in-1 version before – it looks so awesome!
- Duo plus is the latest evolution in the #1 selling Multi-Cooker the duo series, new for 2017 with more custom features, improved usability and a large attractive blue LCD screen
- Duo plus replaces 9 common kitchen Appliances including pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, egg cooker, saute, steamer, warmer, sterilizer and it makes cake too
- Up to 70% quicker. A great meal is a press of button away with 15 microprocessor controlled programs taking the guess-work out of your cooking. You can achieve prefect results every
- All components in contact with food are food grade 304 (18/8) stainless steel including the lid, the inner pot with 3-ply bottom and steam rack with handles. They are easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- UL certified with 10 proven safety mechanisms gives you peace of mind. Highly Energy efficient, this kitchen friendly cooker Emits no steam when cooking, contains all smells and automates your cooking
- 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker–Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute/Browning, Yogurt Maker, Steamer & Warmer. Please refer the user manual before use.
- Large, easy to use control panel with 14 Micro-Processor controlled programs, Dual pressure, Automatic keep-warm and 3 temperatures for saute and slow cook
- UL and ULC certified with 10 proven safety mechanisms; Highly energy efficient and kitchen friendly
- Include 3-ply bottom stainless steel cooking pot, stainless steel steam rack with handle & manual and recipes in English, Spanish, Chinese and French
- Note: indeed it is recommended filling liquid no higher than the MAX line on the inner pot, but for dry food, such as a chicken, pot roast, or steaming vegetables, the inner pot can be filled with food over the MAX line. The inner pot capacity is rated 6Qt for the full size. Outer Rim is not made of stainless steel and coated with a thick heat-resistant paint.
- 14 Micro-Processor controlled programs: Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté, Steam, Rice, Porridge, Multigrain, Slow Cook, Keep-Warm, Yogurt, Pasteurize and Fermented Rice (Jiu Niang)
- Dual pressure settings for fast and flexible cooking. Cooking with the high pressure reduces cooking time by up to 70% and the low pressure avoids overcooking delicate food.
To see what’s so special about the Instant Pot Duo60 7-in-1, compared to the basic 6-in-1, check out this post How to Choose the Right Instant Pot
If you struggle to get dinner on the table because of your hectic schedule – the Instant Pot might be a lifesaver for you! I’ll be honest, I’m really considering this myself…. our friend Jennie just cooked a whole chicken to fall-off-the-bone tenderness in 30 MINUTES. That’s crazy right?
– Thanks, BargainBlessings Please note that Amazon’s prices fluctuate and can change at any time. Be sure to verify current price before placing your order.
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by Teleflora. All text and opinions are my own.
Mother’s Day is coming up and I don’t know about you, but I am looking for that perfect gift for mom. One of the popular gifts for Mother’s Day is flowers and Teleflora’ s bouquets for Mother’s Day do not disappoint. You can click here to see all of the different varieties, but my favorites are pictured above.
Teleflora has so graciously offered to give one of you all a $75 gift code. It’s so easy to win. Just jump on over to facebook at this link here and comment with which bouquet you would choose. This same graphic is there so it will be super easy to comment. I’ll choose a winner on Tuesday, May 9th.
Terms listed below:
Good on any bouquet sold at Teleflora.com
Expires May 16, 2017
One-time use only.
Coupons cannot be combined.
These are some of our families’ favorite Cinco de Mayo Recipes…
WOW – if you are going to college or know someone who is – this is a great deal to share with them!
Did you know that Amazon offers an incredible 6 Months of Amazon Prime FREE for College Students?! That’s HUGELY valuable if you do much Amazon Shopping – the money you save with the Free Shipping alone is a bundle!
If you decide you’d like to keep the benefits of Amazon Student after 6 months, you’re able to get a 1-Year Membership to Amazon Prime for 50% OFF what everyone else pays 🙂