My husband and I started experimenting with a Low Carb/Keto lifestyle about two weeks ago. He is a type I diabetic, and there is lots of information that we have read that leads us to believe it may be a good fit for us. Of course, we are still pairing with our AdvoCare supplements and Spark to get the best results and to fill in all the nutritional gaps. I’ve been having fun creating new recipes and thought I’d post those that we enjoy the most. Brussels Sprouts are one of my favorite vegetables already but adding bacon makes them exceptional! Throw a hamburger steak on the grill or a chicken breast and you’ve got a fabulous low carb meal that is keto friendly.
- 1 lb fresh brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 to 3 pieces of bacon
- 1 tablespoon of bacon grease
salt / pepperto taste
trim,and cut brussels sprouts in half.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, then soften in microwave for 5 minutes stirring once halfway through cooking.
- While the brussels sprouts are softening in the microwave, fry bacon in a cast iron skillet until done.
- Remove bacon from pan and allow to drain on a paper towel.
- Remove bacon grease from skillet, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- Combine brussels sprouts and the reserved 1 tablespoon of bacon grease together in the cast iron skillet and cook on medium heat 5-7 minutes or until brussels sprouts begin to brown.
- Remove from heat and crumble bacon on top.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Looking for more recipes? You can find low carb / keto-friendly recipes in our recipe index.