Tomorrow is the day after Christmas and that means lots of us are gearing up for After-Christmas Clearance Sales! I ran into CVS last night to take the workers some fudge (they’re sweeties) and I had to PULL myself away from a table already full of 75% OFF Christmas Lights. It’s so hard!
Some of my favorite places to hit up for Christmas Clearance are Rite-Aid (because they’ll actually go down to 90% OFF) and Walmart – because there is such a huge array of things considered “Holiday Items” that are marked down – like fragrance sets, massagers, & baking sheets even!
Last year, some of my favorite finds were: a big keyboard for $3.75, a 2-Pack of nerf dart guns for $5, Bendaroos for $1.25 and cookie sheets, tins, cupcake liners, sprinkles, and more for next years’ baking at 75% OFF.
Here are some things to keep an eye out for….
Stocking Stuffers for next year:
- Slipper Socks, Slippers
- Activity Books, Small Toys
- Some Candy (Check the expiration date)
- Holiday packaged lotions & potions
Gifts (for next year, Valentine’s Day, or birthdays!):
- Toys *Drugstores have limited space, so theirs will go REALLY low until they’re gone.
- Gifty Appliances
- Robes, Pampering Sets
- Fragrance Sets
- Craft Projects
- Gifty Bath Sets/Kid’s Bath Sets
- Babies 1st Christmas Stuff (for shower gifts next year)
- Makeup or Hair Barette/Bow Sets
Practical Supplies (That happen to look Christmasy):
- Cookie/Cupcake pans *Walmart had them for $3.75!
- Paper Cups, Plates, Napkins (Use red for Valentines Day & Green for St. Patrick’s Day)
- Vinyl/Plastic Tablecloths (for play-doh mats, rainy-day art projects, etc…)
- Tape, Scissors, Pencils, Schools Supplies
- Cute wicker baskets with holiday liners (take out the liners for cheap storage baskets!)
- Personal Hygiene Sets (Even better deals can be had with coupons too!)
- Red/Green Loofahs
- Underwear/Kids Pajamas
- Men’s Electric Shavers
And of course, Christmas Decor/Supplies for next year:
- Lights, Garland, etc…
- Christmas Cards, Wrapping Paper (Plain silver/gold can be used for weddings)
- Special *pricier* ornaments for next year
- Ribbons, Bows, Fun Little Boxes
- Sprinkles, Cupcake Liners
- Deluxe Nuts Sets
- Christmas Candy
- Refrigerated Holiday Cookies
- Christmas Oreos, Ritz, etc….
I want to encourage you, as everything in town slowly makes its way to the 75% OFF mark, to shop creatively & with a giving heart! This is a GREAT opportunity to get small items for the Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes, or larger ones for the Angel Tree, Toys for Tots, etc…