This is the perfect summer clean eating recipe, especially if you have an abundance of zucchini, squash, and tomatoes in your garden. It makes a great side dish for grilled chicken, or a grilled pork tenderloin. Simply add a fresh salad and you’ve got a healthy, clean eating meal without spending hours in the kitchen. This particular recipe is one of my favorite side dishes, especially in the summertime. You can even vary this recipe and add green peppers, carrots, and broccoli. If you prefer your veggies to be more crispy, you’ll want to shorten the baking time.
This recipe works great during the AdvoCare 24-Day Challenge.
- 3 zucchini sliced
- 3 squash sliced
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 purple onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ tablespoon fat free Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Pour ingredients into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or desired tenderness, stirring every 10 minutes or so.