I’ve had such a busy week and didn’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen preparing dinner. Knowing that I don’t have to stop everything I’m doing to prepare dinner late in the afternoon is so nice, especially with 2 babies 2 and under. That time of day everything just seems to go haywire around here. So, I was looking on Pinterest for a recipe that I could throw together for dinner when I got the inspiration to make this Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken with Bacon and Cheese. We ate the first helping straight out of the slow cooker, but then I had a fabulous idea to pop it in the oven on broil for a few minutes with cheese and bacon on top. This tiny extra step transformed a yummy dinner to a FANTASTIC dinner.
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (depending on how many people you are serving)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ tsp poultry seasoning
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ¼ tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 3 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup cheese
- 3 pieces of bacon, crumbled
- salt/pepper to taste
- Add chicken and next 6 ingredients to slow cooker.
- Crumble 3 pieces of cooked bacon on the top of the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 to 3½.
- Add heavy whipping cream to slow cooker.
- Dollop cream cheese on top and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Using 2 forks, shred chicken in slow cooker.
- Spray a casserole dish generously and dump contents of slow cooker into
- Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese (or more if you'd like) then crumble 3 pieces of bacon on top.
- Place in oven on broil for 2-4 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly and bacon is extra crisp.
Nutritional Information based on MyFitnessPal app (8 servings) – Calories 302, Fat 24.7, Protein 17.2, Carbs 3.3 -Fiber .8 = Net Carbs 2.5
For more incredible keto-friendly recipes click here.