Oh my goodness y’all – our friend Cortney (of Cortney Wheeler Photography) shared this on facebook yesterday and I completely fell in love! She made this gorgeous Book Paper Wreath and it’s by far the prettiest I’ve seen. She hung the larger one over her mantle, and a smaller version over the baby’s crib.
(SO Sweet!! I would’ve never even thought of that but she shot me a picture and darned if it doesn’t look completely perfect in there!)
After getting some tips from Cortney and reading some other tutorials along the way – here are the basic instructions to construct your own DIY Book Paper Wreath.
- Either a foam wreath form, or a wire wreath frame like this one
- A book from a rummage sale or pick one up at the Goodwill!
- Hot glue gun and a hefty supply of glue sticks
- Rip out the pages
- Fold each page in thirds, adding a little glue to the base of the folded page so the folds stick together well
- If you’re using a foam wreath form, begin by gluing a ring of pages straight up from the center and then add rings as you work your way outward until it has the fullness you want
- If you’re using a wire frame, begin by folding the pages around the center ring of the frame and use hot glue to secure – continue to add more and more pages as you work your way outward, folding and gluing to the frame.
- Hang with a ribbon
This looks like the perfect project to do while watching an old movie – plenty of busywork for your hands. Thanks a ton to Cortney for letting us share her cute project – and let us know if you try this one as well!
If you know someone who is a HUGE book addict – this might be perfect for them 😉