Pinterest can be a fantastic resource for recipes ideas. Lately, I’ve been searching for recipes that I can tweak to make keto/low carb. With the holidays quickly approaching I know I’m going to want cookies to take to holiday gatherings and family get-togethers so I thought I’d start working on some recipes that would be keto friendly/low carb. I found several recipes for a flourless double chocolate chip cookie today, which I knew would be an easy recipe to tweak. I think they turned out really well. You could add pecans, walnuts, coconuts, or even a spoonful of natural peanut butter to the batter to vary the taste. In fact, I may post several variations of this cookie later.
Other Keto/Low Carb Cookie and Bar Recipes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. If you don't use parchment paper be sure to grease cookie sheet generously with cooking spray.
- Combine powdered Swerve (reserving ½ tsp), salt, and cocoa powder.
- Stir in egg whites, vanilla, and Lily's Chocolate Chips (the batter will be very thick).
- Spoon the batter in 10 mounds and allow cookies to rest for a few minutes before baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool before removing from baking sheet.
- Transfer to cooling rack.
- When cookies are cooled, sprinkle the remaining ¼ tsp powdered Swerve on top.
Nutritional Information per MyFitnessPal app based on 10 cookies – Calories 19, Fat .8, Protein 2.3, Carbs 2.4 – Fiber 1.5 = .9 Net Carbs per cookie