I found this recipe several years ago, in a Sandra Lee Semi Homemade Cookbook and loved it. I had mentioned before, that I don’t like chili beans! Since this recipe is an easy Chili recipe that doesn’t call for beans it is by far my favorite go to chili recipe when I am in a hurry. My family loves to pile it on top of hot dogs! I’m not a hot dog kind of girl, but they love it! If your family prefers a heartier Chili with beans, check out our Best Chili Recipes page.
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 jar chili sauce 12 ounce
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Saute ground beef and onions over medium heat until ground beef is browned and onions are softened. Drain and rinse.
- Add all ingredients to saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Simmer on low uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Serve alone or over hot dogs! Makes great chili dogs.