These Frozen cupcakes are so cute and versatile. In fact, they are perfect for any Christmas, Winter Wonderland, or Frozen party. Complete with step by step instructions below, and a downloadable snowflake template (here), just about anyone can whip these up. I especially love the white sugar crystals against the blue frosting.
If you are planning a Frozen party, make sure to check out our homemade Frozen play dough post here.
- 1 box white cake mix (plus required ingredients listed on the box, i.e. eggs, oil & water)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 6 oz. of white chocolate chips
- Blue Food Coloring
- Optional: White Sugar Sprinkles
1. Prepare cake batter according to box directions and bake in cupcake pan using liners.
2. While cupcakes cool, make frosting. Start by using an electric mixer to beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract. Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3 minutes.
3. Mix blue food coloring into frosting until desired shade of blue is achieved and set aside.
4. Place snowflake template under parchment paper and tape to flat surface
5. Melt white chocolate and place into piping bag using a small round frosting tip
6. Fill in each snowflake stencil with melted white chocolate
7. Place snowflakes on parchment paper in refrigerator until hardened
8. Frost cupcakes using blue frosting
9. Remove white chocolate snowflakes from refrigerator and place one snowflake garnish on each cupcake
10. Optional: Sprinkle white sugar sprinkles onto cupcakes