When I got married, my mom made a recipe book that included many of our family favorites. I’ve used that recipe book over and over throughout the years. As I’ve been thinking ahead to the holidays and continuing to follow a ketogenic/low carb lifestyle I thought maybe I could tweak some of my mom’s recipes to make them keto/low carb friendly. Although this is usually a pie recipe and there are keto/low carb pie crust recipes online, I really wanted something quick and super easy to make last night so I tweaked the recipe to make bars instead. I think this might be my favorite keto friendly dessert. It’s chocolatey, coconutty pecan little bites of goodness. If you love chocolate and coconut these German Chocolate Pecan Bars will blow your socks off.
- 1 cup granulated Swerve
- dash pink salt
- 4 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 6 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¾ cup chopped pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix granulated Swerve, salt, and cocoa together.
- Melt butter, then
addto above ingredients.
- Next, add heavy whipping cream, eggs, and vanilla and stir well until combined.
- Stir in coconut and nuts.
- Pour batter in a 9X9 square pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until middle is set.
Nutritional Information per MyFitnessPal app based on 16 servings –
Calories – 182
Fat – 17.7
Protein – 1.8
Carbs 4.3 – Fiber 3.2 = 1.1 Net Carbs per serving
*Sugar alcohols from Swerve are not included in nutritional information*