I love to experiment with new recipes that I see online and tweak them a little here and there to best suit my family. I don’t like recipes that take a lot of time or a ton of pans because that means I’ll have to spend a long time in the kitchen cleaning after dinner. So, if you are like me, you’ll love this recipe. I cooked the chicken and brussels sprouts together on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil (I told you I was lazy when it comes to cleaning up), then prepared the long grain wild rice with quinoa on the stove. If your family doesn’t particularly love brussels sprouts you could substitute broccoli or fresh green beans.
This is a clean eating recipe that works great with the AdvoCare 24-Day Challenge.
- 4 thin cut chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon salt or salt substitute
- fresh brussels sprouts halved
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine all ingredients (except chicken and brussel sprouts).
- Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Coat chicken breasts in ½ of the spice mixture.
- Toss brussel sprouts in 1 tablespoon olive oil (this olive oil is not listed in above ingredients).
- Place chicken on one side of cookie sheet and brussel sprouts on the other.
- Drizzle ½ of the left over spice mixture on brussel sprouts.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn over chicken and brussel sprouts.
- Baste chicken with the remaining spice mixture then continue to cook for 20 minutes.