I am a total southern girl at heart. Born and raised in Georgia, I have always always always loved homemade biscuits. A couple of weeks ago I found a keto biscuit recipe online that used coconut flour (we’ve got nut allergies in our family) that was really yummy. However, I felt like I could change up the recipe a bit and make them amazing. After doing a little tweaking here and there I think I have the absolute perfect keto biscuit. In fact, if I wasn’t following a ketogenic lifestyle, I would still eat these. They are just that good. Add bacon, eggs, and cheese and you will be in biscuit heaven. You can even change them up a little by adding garlic and serve them at dinner. If you would like more info about a keto diet or ketogenic lifestyle, this book includes fabulous information so you can decide if it might be right for you. After a month I have more energy, feel better overall, am sleeping better, and have lost 9 lbs and numerous inches. Coupled with AdvoCare supplements this lifestyle has been a game changer for my husband and me.
- 4½ tablespoons of butter, melted and cooled
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons full fat sour cream
- 4 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1⅓ cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease muffin pan.
- Combine melted butter (I cool mine by popping the bowl in the fridge for 5 min), eggs, salt, and sour cream then whisk together.
- Add coconut flour and baking powder to the mixture and stir until combined.
- Stir in cheese.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls into 12 greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until tops are slightly brown.
Total Carb content:
- 1/3 cup coconut flour = 20 grams carbs – 15 grams of fiber = 5 net carbs
- sour cream = 1 carb
- 12 biscuits = 6 net carbs = .5 net carbs per biscuit
For more Keto recipes, check out our keto recipe index here.