One thing I miss the most since we started Keto is bread. After posting my Keto Biscuit, Keto Sausage Ball Puffs, and Keto Chicken Pot Pie recipe I thought that surely I could make some adjustments to create a Keto Cheesy Breadstick recipe. Now, let me set the expectation. These will not taste EXACTLY like cheese sticks from your favorite Italian Restaurant. However, they are an excellent keto/low carb alternative that will hit the spot. Also, I’ve had many people ask if you can sub out almond flour for any of my recipes that contain coconut flour. Just to let you know up front, I am sure you could. However, my daughter is allergic to almonds, so I don’t personally have any experience cooking with almond flour. I do know that it is not a 1:1 substitution as coconut flour is more absorbent so it may take some trial and error before you come up with the perfect solution.
- 4½ tablespoons of butter, melted and cooled
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⅓ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease an 11X7 baking pan.
- Combine melted butter (I cool mine by popping the bowl in the fridge for 5 min), eggs, salt, and cream cheese then whisk together.
- Add coconut flour, baking powder, and spices to the mixture and stir until combined.
- Stir in cheeses.
- Pour batter into rectangular casserole dish.
- Top bread mixture with the additional mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and Italian spices.
- Halfway through baking use a pizza cutter to cut horizontally down the middle then vertically every inch or so to create a division in the individual breadsticks. I cut mine into 16 half breadsticks.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until breadsticks
- Move pan to top rack of the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes so that the cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Serve with low sugar Marinara Sauce.
Nutritional Information Based on MyFitnessPal app based on 8 servings :(1 full breadstick – in the picture I cut the breadsticks in half so that there were 16 half breadsticks) -calories – 420, protein 28.6, fat – 31.2, carbs 5.3 – 1.7 fiber = 3.6 net carbs