With four kids, my hubby and I have realized more than ever how important it is for us to take time out for date nights. The past couple of weeks we’ve been very intentional to go out to dinner together at least every other week. Recently, Outback Steakhouse has been the restaurant of choice. It’s such an easy restaurant for keto friendly meals, and they have a broccoli and cheese side that is to die for. Today at lunch I was trying to figure out what to make because I have yet to make it to the grocery store after a crazy busy weekend. As I looked around my fridge I spotted fresh broccoli that needed to be cooked, and the first thing that came to mind was making a similar dish to what we have been eating at Outback each week, but adding bacon. This Loaded Broccoli turned out so good! I’m still stuffed from lunch. It was so easy to make. It can be served stand-alone or with a big juicy steak. I’m telling y’all, this Keto way of life feeds us well!
As I was thinking about what kind of cheese sauce to make, I decided to modify the sauce for my Creamy Parmesan Garlic Pork Chops by adding more cheddar cheese. It worked perfectly! Doesn’t this keto friendly/low carb Loaded Broccoli look divine? If you don’t already have a cast iron skillet, they are super cheap on Amazon. I’ve got several that I use all the time.
- 5 cups fresh broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup bacon crumbles
- Chop and wash fresh broccoli. (I cut mine into bigger pieces.)
- Steam or boil until desired tenderness then drain and set aside.
- In a skillet add all other ingredients except bacon crumbles and whisk until combined.
- Cook on low/medium heat approx 5-7 minutes until sauce thickens whisking continuously.
- Add broccoli to cheese sauce and stir to combine.
- Top with bacon crumbles.
- Optional: Place oven safe skillet in a 400-degree oven to crisp bacon crumbles.
Nutritional Information based on My Fitness Pal app for 5 servings – Calories 487, Protein, 3.2g, Fat 40.5g, Carbs 9.6 – Fiber 2.6 = Net Carbs 7g