Low Carb Diet Meals: One Dish Chicken & Veggie Recipe
If you are looking for low carb diet meals, here is a super simple one dish chicken and veggie recipe. I had seen a similar recipe circulating online, however it called for red potatoes, green beans and one stick of butter. I thought surely I can make a low carb version, by substituting other veggies in place of the red potatoes and using olive oil instead of a stick of butter. It was so easy to make, and clean up was a breeze. The chicken was very tender and juicy and the veggies were seasoned beautifully. Of course, you could substitute your family’s favorite veggies and tweak the seasoning to best suit your taste.
This recipe is AdvoCare 24-Day Challenge friendly during both the cleanse and max burn phase.
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 squash, sliced
- 1 bunch of broccoli
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 packet of Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the sliced veggies in a bowl, then add ⅔ packet of Italian salad dressing mix and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Stir until veggies are coated.
- Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in the middle of dish, splash with the other tablespoon of olive oil then sprinkle rest of Italian salad dressing mix and lemon pepper seasoning on chicken breasts.
- Place the veggie mixture around the chicken.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes on 350 degrees depending on the size of your chicken breasts.
- Note: If you prefer your veggies to be more crisp you may want to wait and add the last 15-20 minutes of cooking.