Kasey here, although we follow a clean eating lifestyle we do have a cheat meal or two at least once or twice a week. My kids absolutely LOVE meatloaf, it’s one of their favorite meals. This is my mom’s best meatloaf recipe that I thought I’d share with you. My favorite part is the yummy ketchup/brown sugar/vinegar topping. I often make two at a time and put one in the freezer for later. I serve with mashed potatoes and broccoli for a delicious home cooked supper.
- 1 lb ground chuck or ground round
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 cup oatmeal (instant or old fashioned is fine)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except for ground chuck or ground round together well.
- Add meat; shape into a loaf and place in a greased pan.
- To make the topping mix together the brown sugar, ketchup, and vinegar then pour over loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done.