I’ve been brainstorming trying to think up new zoodle recipes that my kid would eat. If you aren’t familiar with zoodles, they are “noodles” made out of squash, zucchini, sweet potatoes, and various other veggies. Typically, you would use a spiralizer to do so. My kids don’t love squash and zucchini, but they will eat it in pasta salad, so I thought I’d make Oodles of Zoodles Pasta Salad. The recipe I used is very similar to my ‘Mostly Vegetable’ Pasta Salad. It’s so easy to make and chock full of fresh veggies. I think it’s the perfect summertime side dish.
If you don’t have a spiralizer, here is the number one best selling one on Amazon. There are tons of different options available. However, I wanted a spiralizer that didn’t take up a lot of room in my kitchen, and wasn’t cumbersome to put together or clean. This is almost the exact spiralizer that I have, and it meets my needs for as often as I use it.
- 4 squash, spiralized
- 4 zucchini, spiralized
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 1 bunch of fresh broccoli, chopped into small florets
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 packet of ranch salad dressing mix
- Italian salad dressing (low carb variety)
- Wash veggies thoroughly.
- Spiralize zucchini and squash then chop, dice, or slice other veggies.
- In a large bowl combine vegetables, and packet of ranch salad dressing mix.
- Pour Italian salad dressing over vegetables until generously covered.
- Stir thoroughly so that all ingredients are covered in salad dressing, then place in fridge to chill.
- Best if chilled overnight before serving. May need to add a tad more salad dressing before serving.