Jamie here! I love brownies nearly as much as I love peanut butter fudge – and this recipe for peanut butter brownie cookies is basically like they ran away together and lived happily ever after.
Brownie mixes are cheap – around $1 usually – and you can easily turn them into soft fudgy cookies. Whip up a batch of peanut butter frosting to go in the middle and these are going to make some chocolate peanut butter lover in your house VERY happy 🙂 (Also see how you can use a boxed mix for these easy Cake Mix Cookie Bars!)
Below is the recipe for how to make cookies from a brownie mix – but for the peanut butter frosting you don’t even really need a recipe.
This one’s more a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants thing. Just start with a big dollop of peanut butter in a coffee mug (around half cup) and add a few tablespoons of powdered sugar. Then stir it together until it’s just thick and fudgy enough for your taste and add a little dash of vanilla. You’ll have to taste it to decide how much you want and just how sweet you want it.
- Brownie Mix (19 - 21 oz)
- ⅓ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil or Melted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Spray a cookie sheet with baking spray, or cooking spray with a light dusting of flour
- Stir brownie mix and flour together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and whisk them a little at the top before stirring into the dry mix.
- Add oil and water and stir until combined.
- Bake 8 - 10 Minutes (Don't overbake!)
- Remove from oven and cool on wire racks
If you’re a peanut butter person – you might also like this recipe for Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies!