I love pizza. I mean, I really really love it. Pizza for dinner last night? No problem, I’ll eat pizza for dinner again tonight. So, when we started following a keto lifestyle I was a little concerned because completely giving up pizza made me feel a little sad. Yes, I love it that much. So, one of the very first recipes I started looking for was an easy pizza recipe. I had already tried several different cauliflower crusts and my family is just not sold on such an atrocity. Maybe there are better recipes out there for a fabulous cauliflower crust, however, I haven’t found it yet. Anyway, in my hunt for a perfect keto pizza recipe, I found several options for pizza casseroles that I thought might work. I played around with several different recipes and made changes here and there until I came up with the perfect Keto Pizza Casserole. It’s easy to make, satisfying, and totally tastes like a smorgasbord of deliciousness.
- 8 pieces of deli ham
- ½ of a 24 oz can of Hunt's sugar-free marinara sauce
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown ground beef then add sugar-free marinara sauce and seasoning. Cook on med/high for about 5 minutes.
- Spray casserole dish with cooking spray. (I use a 12x8 pan).
- Cover bottom of dish with 4 pieces of ham. It's okay if they overlap.
- Add ½ of the ground beef/marinara mixture on top of the ham.
- Next, sprinkle half of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Layer again with ham, ground beef/marinara mixture, and cheeses.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Move pan to the top rack and broil 1-3 minutes or until cheese is browned on top.
Nutritional Information according to My FitnessPal app: Calories 475, Protein 44.3, Carbs 5.8 – 1.2 fiber = 4.6 net carbs, fat 30.3 grams
For more information on the Keto lifestyle check out this book, The Keto Diet. It’s a fabulous resource to help get you started.