Although I love grilled chicken salads on day 2 of our 24 day healthy eating challenge I wanted a hot lunch. Since we had loaded up on fresh fruits and veggies, Stir-Fry Chicken and Veggies sounded delicious. I’m one of those cooks who makes up recipes in my head or combines bits and pieces of recipes I find online to come up with my very own concoction. This recipe is no exception, totally made it up in my head. Thankfully, my recipes usually turn out good otherwise my guinea pig family might rebel. I’ve been cooking since I was knee high to a grass hopper as we say in the south.
The Stir-Fry Chicken and Veggies turned out fabulous. Lots of fresh veggies paired with a garden salad of mixed greens topped with cucumbers and strawberries. Delicious!!
If you’d like to read about our 24-day healthy eating challenge and our decision to make a change click here! This recipe works great with the AdvoCare 24-Day Challenge, especially during the cleanse phase.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large purple onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 cabbage, shredded
- 1 packet of Kikkoman Broccoli Beef Stir-Fry Seasoning Packet
- ⅔ cup water
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet, add chicken and cook thoroughly. I added grilled chicken seasoning rub to my chicken.
- Remove chicken from pan, set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet, add veggies. Cook on low/medium heat for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Combine sauce packet with ⅔ water, pour over veggies.
- Continue to cook until veggies reach desired consistency add chicken back last two minutes of cooking.
- Salt and pepper to taste