Target Holiday & Black Friday Tips
Target is one of my favorite places to shop because of their fantastic year-round price-match policy, bountiful coupons and new Carthweel savings, and the Free Shipping and 5% OFF granted to all RedCard Debit or credit card users. I’m a big fan of free shipping. It makes it much easier to surprise the kids than trying to buy a gift in the store when they are with you.
Prepare yourself for some great hassle-free deals by going over these Target Holiday & Black Friday Tips – and follow the links to print out the Target Price Match Policy so you won’t run into any issues!
Target Holiday Price Match:
- Target will price-match a competitor’s advertised price provided you can show them proof either as a physical ad, or they will pull it up online at guest services.
- Target will price-match current ONLINE ads from Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, Toys R Us or Babies R Us
- Target will match AFTER the fact as well.
- If you already bought an item at Target between Nov. 1 and Dec. 21, and find the identical item for less at any of the online retailers mentioned above, or in a local competitor’s print ad, return for a refund of the difference. *The original receipt must be presented at time of price match
Target REDCard holders (Debit or Credit versions) will get an extra 30 Days to price match
- EXCLUDES Price matches for prices offered Nov. 28 through Dec. 2 and Dec. 22–26 by Target, Target.com or a competitor (Black Friday Sales)
- EXCLUDES Price Matches for an online competitor where the item is out of stock 🙁
More Price Match Exclusions:
- There are several exclusions to take note of – here are the main ones that will affect you, but you can read all the fine print here. Mostly these address Early Birds, Door Busters, Lightning Deals, Gold Box Deals, etc…
Using a coupon when price matching:
- You can use a Manufacturer coupon alongside a price match – per Target’s normal coupon policy. HOWEVER, using a Target coupon alongside a price match is basically pointless. Target will deduct the Target Coupon from the price of the item first, and then if the competitor price is still lower, they’ll lower it down to that. See – pointless.
There are several ways to get FREE Shipping at Target this Holiday Season:
- Get FREE Shipping on many toys (make sure to confirm the dates when available)
- Get FREE Shipping on orders of $50 +
- Get FREE Shipping on any order, no minimum with the Target Red Card or Redcard Debit card.
- Get FREE Store Pickup on select items *NEW*
If you found this helpful – make sure to read our post on Walmart’s Black Friday & Holiday Policies as well!