My youngest brought home this adorable bag today from one of the teachers at school – it’s a Thanksgiving Blessing Snack Mix and I wanted to share it with you all!
This would be great to make up baggies for neighbors around Thanksgiving, or make up a bowl and set it out for snacking, along with the printable explanation 🙂 To make the mix, combine equal parts of Bugles, pretzels, candy corn, sunflower seeds, raisins or dried cranberries.
Each item in the mix represents a blessing to be thankful for – especially from the first Thanksgiving with the Pilgrims.
- Bugles: Represent the cornucopia, a horn of plenty
- Pretzels: Represent arms folded in thanks and prayer
- Candy Corn: Reminds us that during the first winter, the Pilgrims were only allowed a few kernels of corn a day because food was so scarce
- Seeds: Are a promise of future harvest if they are planted and well tended
- Fruit: Is a reminder of the harvest gifts from the land
- M&Ms: Are for memories of those who came before us
- Hershey’s Kiss: Is a reminder of the love of family and friends that sweetens our lives
I found the same printable that his teacher used over here on IHaveNoGreaterJoy – so cute!
This is similar to another Fall snack mix we like to make called Scarecrow Crunch 🙂