My thirteen year old daughter has been helping me cook for a while. Instead of doing a lot of crafts when she was younger, I taught her how to cook. Now, she loves to create in the kitchen and put her own spin on recipes. One of our very favorite easy meals is tacos. The kids eat tortillas while my hubby and I eat taco meat on a bed of lettuce or a baked cheese tortilla shell. As my daughter has been experimenting in the kitchen she has come up with the very best taco meat recipe. It is so easy to make and so much more flavorful than just adding seasoning to ground beef. In case you were looking to change up taco night at your house, you may want to check out her recipe. While this recipe may have a few more carbs than just ground beef and taco seasoning, I’m okay with that since it adds veggies to our meal on taco night. Plus, it is so much more flavorful.
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 lb of ground beef
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- ½ green pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2-3 tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning(or a packet of taco seasoning)
- ¼ cup beef broth
- 1 can of Rotel
- Heat butter in a skillet and sautee green peppers for 3 minutes then add onions. Sautee until they reach desired tenderness then remove from pan.
- Brown ground beef in skillet then drain.
- Add peppers and onions back to pan along with all other ingredients.
- Bring to a boil then simmer covered for about 15 minutes until taco meat mixture thickens.
Nutritional information based on MyFitnessPal app (6 servings) – Calories 168, Fat 10, Protein 15.8, Carbs 3.9 – Fiber -6 = 3.3 Net Carbs per serving