Dollar Tree has a summer collection of colorful flip-flop that would be perfect for this DIY! Does anyone wear anything but flip-flops in the Summer? We spend so much time at the pool, or out playing in the sprinkler in our backyard that flip-flops are our regular attire. For a crafting project, I thought it would be fun for my daughter and I to decorate a pair of flip-flops. What better place to go shopping than Dollar Tree, where we can take advantage of their incredible already low prices during their Summer Fun flip-flop frenzy?
Flip-Flop Frenzy Details:
- Flip-flops are available in solid colors (blue, black, pink, lime, turquoise, yellow, purple, and orange), as well as colorful patterns and styles. Colors and styles vary by store.
- Flip-flops are available in men’s, women’s, and children’s sizes.
- Also check out colorful Summer Fun housewares, party supplies, and toys.
After seeing so many different fun flip-flop crafts on Pinterest, my daughter and I settled on water balloon flip-flops. I’m not super-duper crafty, so I wanted to make sure we didn’t bite off more than we could chew.
Water balloon flip-flops are fun, easy and inexpensive to make. I’ve included the supply list and details below.
What you need:
- 1 to 2 packs of water balloons
You’ll want to begin on one end of the flip-flop. First, gently stretch the balloon, then tie tightly in a double knot. Alternating the direction of each balloon, continue until the straps are covered. Make sure to tie balloons closely together. You can follow a color pattern or change it up, depending on your preference.
You’ll have lots and lots of water balloons left over for fun summer water balloon fights. You could probably get away with one pack, however I went ahead and grabbed two just in case. Even so, I ran out of green balloons quickly. My kids are already planning a water balloon fight this afternoon after they finish their school work.
Stay in the Loop:
- Have you signed up for Dollar Tree’s free loyalty program, the Value Seekers Club? You’ll get access to exclusive crafts, recipes, and tip ideas every month. Visit www.ValueSeekersClub.com.
- Learn more about new Dollar Tree products and contests as an email subscriber. Sign up for weekly emails here:
- Follow Dollar Tree on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Dollar Tree via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.