Until recently I had never made White Chili with Chicken! I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to make and how fast my family devoured it!!
I adapted this recipe from a Gooseberry Patch recipe I found online. You could also prepare this White Chili with Chicken recipe in your Crock Pot, on low for 4-6 hours. Check out my Turkey Chili recipe for a different twist on this recipe!
- 1 carton of chicken broth (32 ounces)
- 3 cans great northern beans (15½ ounces)
- 2 cups cooked Chicken or Turkey, shredded
- 1 can cream of onion soup
- 1 can diced green chilies (4 ounce)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Combine broth, soup, 2½ cans of beans (set aside ½ can), and spices into stockpot on medium heat.
- Using a fork or potato masher, carefully mush the reserved ½ can of beans and add to chili mixture.
- Bring to a boil, over medium heat and add chicken to mixture; reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Top with Shredded cheese and sour cream if desired.
And if you’re in a hurry – you may want to check out this Easy White Chicken Chili recipe using just 4 ingredients + a McCormick Seasoning pouch! Jamie claims it’s her favorite chili ever – definitely worth a try as well!