We thought it would be fun to start doing a post each night about a fun Christmas craft, recipe, family tradition and all things holly jolly.
Aren’t these the most adorable Christmas tree cupcakes? I thought they were so cute. I think they would be so fun to make with my kids. I’ve included step by step instructions below for your convenience.
CHRISTMAS TREE CUPCAKES
Yields: 24 Cupcakes / Time: 60 Minutes
1 box white cake mix (plus required ingredients listed on the box, i.e. eggs, oil & water)
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
4 tablespoons milk
White Sugar Sprinkles
Round Colored Sprinkles
Green Food Coloring
1. Prepare cake batter according to box directions and bake in cupcake pan using liners.
2. While cupcakes cool, make frosting. Start by using an electric mixer to beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract. Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3 minutes.
3. Place two cups of white frosting in a piping bag with a round frosting tip. Mix green food coloring in remaining frosting until you reach desired shade of green.
4. Place one sugar cone upside down onto each cupcake. Using a butter knife, spread a thin layer of green frosting to completely coat each cone.
5. Fill a piping bag with remaining green frosting and use a small closed star frosting tip to make Christmas tree branches. Start at the top and turn the cupcake, continuing adding branches to fill the entire cone.
6. Using the white frosting, pipe a thick layer around the bottom of the cone to look like snow.
7. Add white sprinkles to the “snow” and add round colored sprinkles to the “tree”.
Don’t miss out on any of our nightly posts in our 25 Days of Christmas Fun Series. Join us tomorrow night for more Christmas Fun!
- 25 Days of Christmas Fun: Countdown to Christmas Advent Ideas
- 25 Days of Christmas Fun: Graham Cracker Gingerbread Houses on Milk Cartons!
- 25 Days of Christmas Fun: Light’em Up
- 25 Days of Christmas Fun: The JOY of Giving
- 25 Days of Christmas Fun: Cookie Cutter Christmas Pancakes
- 25 Days of Christmas Fun: Easy HO-HO-HO DIY Project