30-60-90 Day Keto or Low Carb Challenge
We just wrapped up our first 30 Day Challenge, and I have had many requests to jump right back into another one. Instead of the same challenge we did before, we are doing a 30-60-90 Day Challenge meaning you choose to join for 30, 60, or 90 days depending on your goals and what fits into your life. I don’t know why, but challenges motivate me, and I tend to work harder. Before our first 30-Day Challenge I had gotten a little too lazy and knew that if I buckled down and was more intentional, I would be much happier with how I looked and felt. You can do this challenge whether you are following a ketogenic lifestyle or low carb. I am a firm believer in each person determining what works best for them. This isn’t a how-to group. You are your best health advocate and that starts with research to get a basic understanding of the keto or low carb lifestyle. The goal of the 30-60-90 Challenge is to provide a framework for support and encouragement, but all the hard work is up to you.
There are several areas that many people tend to struggle when following either a keto or low carb diet so we will focus on four key areas. It is my goal to keep this challenge as simple and straightforward as possible. Our focus will be to hit our net carb goal (whatever that is – you set your goal), drink water, exercise consistently at least 10 minutes per day (which will hopefully motivate us to do more), and to take supplements of our choosing.
You are the boss of you
You are the boss of you; therefore, you pick whether you want to follow whether it be keto or low carb. You pick your exercise program and what supplements you prefer. I’ll share what I’m doing, but it’s up to you to decide what fits into your life. The key to this challenge is sticking with your choices consistently for 30-60-90 days then measuring your results along the way. I divided it into three 30-day segments so that each could be a measure of success and people could jump in with us in the middle and not feel left behind if they only wanted to follow 30 or 60 days. I have found 30 days is a fabulous way to establish new habits, but the 60 and 90-day marks are when you see noticeable results. We aren’t looking for perfection over the course of the challenge. Our goal is purposeful changes.
Here are the four segments we will focus on:
First, it’s important to choose your net carb goal (or total carbs if you prefer). This amount will vary depending on if you are following keto or low carb. You can track your macros with an app or choose not to track your macros like me. One of my goals is food freedom and keeping up with an app where I log everything I eat would cause me to focus too much on food. I know that tracking works for many people and that is awesome! Do what works for you! I will keep up with net carbs in my head while I add healthy fats to foods so that my fat is higher than my protein.
My goal is to drink half my weight in water. Before our first 30-Day Challenge this was a huge struggle for me, and I never drank enough water. Now, I crave water and enjoy it, which is a huge change. I didn’t like it at first, but I kept pushing through to reach my goal each day and over time I began to love it. This is possibly the first time in my life that my body has been completely hydrated.
I’ve got four kids. Two of my kids are three and under. I homeschool my kids. I work at home. We are very involved at church. I barely have time to shower. I could go on and on with many more reasons why consistent exercise has not been easy. However, the truth is I DO have ten minutes a day. I know that because during our last challenge I only missed one day of exercise (not counting my one rest day a week). Even though my original goal was 10 minutes a day, it was rare that I only exercised 10 minutes. Most days it was two to three times that much or more. But, the challenge ended, and I got lazy, so I’m ready to be challenged again and to recommit to consistent exercise. You pick whatever exercise you will do.
Since our first challenge, I have added MCT Powder and Collagen (I use the Perfect Keto brand, and they have given us an exclusive coupon code for 20% off any product. Click here to see the discounted price and enter KASEYTRENUM at checkout.) I would suggest that you do a little research as there are supplement recommendations that are helpful for this way of life. My next goal is to purchase the 23 and me DNA genetic test and have a doctor interpret my results and suggest the best supplements for my genetic makeup. I am terrible at remembering to take all my supplements every day, especially when some require an empty stomach while others suggest taking with a meal.
Don’t miss my Facebook updates
Facebook’s algorithm is crazy. In fact, there is a good chance you are missing some of my new recipe posts. The only way to guarantee that you won’t miss any updates is to sign up for my weekly newsletter. Once a week, I’ll send a link to brand new posts right to your inbox so you won’t miss anything. Enter your email address below; then you will receive a confirmation email to verify that you would like to receive my newsletter. I promise never to spam you.
How do I get started?
- Go here and join the Easy Keto/Low Carb Recipes Facebook Page if you haven’t already.
- Go here and join our brand new Keto/Low Carb Challenge Group Facebook page where we can share our successes and failures. This is going to be a kind group where we support and respect each other. None of us are the Keto police. My goal is to make this a great community to support each other on this journey. I manually approve each person that joins so it may take a day to get everyone approved.
- Print out your 30-Day Keto/Low Carb Challenge Printable checklist. Fill it out according to your goals, place it in a prominent area where you will see it daily, and get ready to get started! Don’t forget your beginning weight and measurements on the last page. Measurements are so important when you do not see the results you want on the scale. If you choose to continue for 60 days, you’ll start over with a new checklist after the first 30 days and the same for 90. That way we can compare in 30-day increments.
- I created a super simple basic printable Keto Grocery List to make grocery shopping easy you don’t want to miss. I also have specific grocery lists for Amazon, Walmart, Sam’s Club, & Costco. My friend, Lauren, created shopping lists for ALDI and Target.
- Follow me on Pinterest and Instagram. I’ll be adding exercise ideas, recipes, and other helpful tips to both. I also post sneak peeks of new recipes on Instagram.
- Share with your friends and family who are also doing Keto/Low Carb because a challenge is always more fun with people you know to inspire and encourage you.
- Get ready to feel amazing and see incredible results! We can do this together!