This is the absolute best keto pizza chaffle recipe that is easy to make and delicious. It reminds me the most of regular pizza, and it isn’t fussy to make like some low carb pizza recipes. You can top with your favorite ingredients and customize to your liking for an amazingly delicious keto meal.
Best Keto Pizza Chaffle Recipe
The chaffle has taken the keto world by storm, and rightly so, as it opens a world of possibilities for those following a ketogenic diet to enjoy bread that is very low carb. There are many different variations to the traditional chaffle recipe. I’ve had so much fun trying out different recipes that my kitchen has looked like a disaster. Since pizza is one of my favorite foods as soon as I saw the first chaffle post, I knew a keto pizza chaffle recipe would be at the top of my list to create.
I started by looking at the ingredients in my Easy Mini Keto Pizza recipe and made a few adjustments, such as omitting the butter and increasing the mozzarella cheese to make this fantastic keto pizza chaffle. I am pretty sure that I love the pizza chaffle better as it has a crispier crust.
What is a Keto Pizza Chaffle?
The main players are egg and cheese in a keto chaffle recipe. To make it a pizza chaffle, I added several more ingredients to make it taste more like a pizza than a cheese waffle such as cream cheese, mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar shredded cheese, and Italian and garlic seasoning.
How Do I Make a Keto Pizza Chaffle?
Recently, the Dash mini waffle maker has taken waffles to an entirely new level of popularity in the keto world. I even found a chaffle recipes group on facebook yesterday. While I have a regular waffle iron, I love the size and convenience of the Dash mini waffle maker plus it is very affordable. Most all chaffle recipes are geared for the size of the Dash mini waffle maker.
Most recipes you will see online for Chaffles are made in a 4-inch mini waffle maker. If you want to use a traditional waffle maker, you will likely make one larger waffle instead of the two smaller ones depending on the size of your waffle maker.
For those who would like to make several keto pizza chaffles at once, the waffle maker pictured above is a fantastic option. You will be able to make four 3 inch waffles at a time, which would be an incredible time-saver. You would need a little less batter for each since it is a 3-inch instead of a 4-inch like the mini dash waffle maker.
Where Can I buy the Dash Mini Waffle Maker?
You can find the Dash Mini Waffle Maker on Amazon, which is always a fantastic option to have it delivered to your front door. You could also look for it at Sam’s Club, Walmart, Target, Kohl’s, or Bed Bath & Beyond.
In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients then stir until combined. The batter will look like a minimal amount, and it will be thick, but it will make two pizza chaffles.
This recipe makes two keto pizza chaffle crusts or mini pizzas.
You’ll want the chaffles to get a nice golden brown so that they will be nice and crispy. Now, when I say crispy, they won’t be as crispy as regular ego waffles you are used to eating, but they are crispy for keto foods.
How to Make Chaffles Crispy?
Before you pour the batter on the waffle maker and cook the chaffles some say to sprinkle a little cheese on the waffle maker first, pour the batter, then sprinkle a little more cheese on top. Also, make sure you are cooking your chaffles long enough to crisp. Finally, set them aside for a moment after they are done, and once the steam releases, they will crisp up as well.
Tip: For this recipe, place the keto pizza chaffle directly on the oven rack after you add toppings to bake. Just in case any of the cheese would drop in the bottom of my oven I opted for a baking sheet instead.
Place the chaffles on a baking pan or cookie sheet and top with your favorite pizza toppings. I topped the delicious keto pizza chaffles with a low carb marinara sauce for pizza sauce, pepperonis, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. You can get as creative as you’d like and top with your favorite pizza toppings.
Which Pizza Sauce (marinara sauce) is Low Carb?
Rao’s Marinara sauce is the lowest carb sauce I have with zero added sugar. With only four carbs per half of a cup, it fits perfectly into a keto diet. In this recipe, you’ll only use 3 teaspoons to cover both pizzas, which translates into .5 carbs for this keto chaffle pizza recipe. I have found Rao’s sauce at my local Walmart and Costco. Other options that are a little cheaper are Mezzetta’s marinara and ALDI brand organic marinara sauce. Both are just a little higher in carbs, but with such a small amount, neither would add a significant amount of carbs.
Variations to this recipe:
- You can substitute 1 tablespoon of almond flour for 1 tsp coconut flour in this recipe.
- Change up the pizza toppings to suit your personal preference. In addition to pepperoni, you can add bacon, sausage, onions, ground beef, green peppers, jalapenos, mushrooms, or other favorite toppings.
- Make a BBQ chicken pizza with my sugar-free homemade BBQ sauce and leftover chicken.
My kids jumped right in and helped to devour every single bite of the keto pizza chaffle. It tasted so good and satisfied my pizza craving.
More Keto Chaffle Recipes:
- Highly Popular Traditional Keto Chaffle Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Chaffle Keto Recipe
- Keto Pumpkin Keto Waffle Recipe (Chaffle)
- Blueberry Keto Chaffle
- Keto Chaffle Breakfast Sandwich with almond flour
- Mini Keto Pizza with Chaffle Pizza Crust (almond flour)
- Strawberry Shortcake Chaffle Recipe
How to Make Keto Pizza Chaffle:
Best Keto Pizza Chaffle Recipe
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- `1 tsp cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 tsp low carb marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 6 pepperonis cut in half
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp basil seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Turn waffle maker on or plug it in so that it gets hot.
- In a small bowl add coconut flour, egg white, mozzarella cheese, softened cream cheese, baking powder, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, and a pinch of salt.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter in the waffle maker, close the top, and cook for 3-4 minutes or until chaffle reaches desired doneness.
- Carefully remove chaffle from the waffle maker, then follow the same instructions to make the second chaffle.
- Top each chaffle with tomato sauce (I used 1 1/2 tsp per), pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese.
- Place in the oven on a baking sheet (or straight on the baking rack) on the top shelf of the oven for 5-6 minutes. Then turn the oven to broil so that the cheese begins to bubble and brown. Keep a close eye as it can burn quickly. I broiled my pizza chaffle for approx 1 min and 30 seconds.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle basil on top.