Kasey here, as we continue on our journey of healthy eating I am always trying to come up with new recipes that my family will love. I made Apricot Chicken with broccoli and asparagus and it was amazing!! This recipe was inspired by Olive Garden’s Venetian Apricot Chicken, however I have made several adjustments to the recipe to make it easier to prepare.
This recipe is AdvoCare 24-Day Challenge friendly. If you are limiting your carb intake then you’ll want to omit the potatoes.
Apricot Chicken with Broccoli and Asparagus Recipe
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 3 roma tomatoes chopped
- 2 potatoes chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sugar free apricot jelly
- 2 tsp garlic pepper I used 4 tsp but my family really likes pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch of fresh broccoli
- fresh asparagus
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown chicken in olive oil in skillet on high heat.
- In a separate bowl combine chicken broth, jelly, and seasoning.
- Add tomatoes and potatoes on top of chicken, then pour the sauce mixture on top.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce to low and cook covered for 25 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook to reduce liquid for 5-10 minutes.
- In a separate pot, steam broccoli and asparagus together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!