This Keto Broccoli Salad With Bacon is a delicious low carb side dish everyone will love, especially in the summer! Made with fresh broccoli, crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, and more, it has all the flavors you could want from a keto salad!
How to make keto-friendly broccoli salad
This homemade broccoli salad is the perfect keto side dish! I love how fresh and crunchy it is. Coated in a creamy sweet mayo dressing, it is especially great for outdoor barbecue and grilling season! I love to pair this salad with my Oven Baked Chicken Drumsticks, which would also be great on the grill!
Broccoli salad ingredients:
- Fresh broccoli– Broccoli salads are best when using fresh, broccoli florets. Frozen works too, but it may not come out as crisp.
- Bacon– The bacon plays a huge role in flavor but also adds fat, which is great for keto.
- Cheddar cheese– Cheese is very popular in salads, and the cheddar here is the perfect creamy addition.
- Mayonaisse + lemon juice + sweetener- This makes for a delicious creamy dressing that is slightly sweet with an acidic bite from the lemon. See my go-to sweetener options below.
- Pecans– Adds more healthy fats and some crunch.
- Red onion– Red onion is key. It adds a mild but sharp bite.