This award winning chili recipe was sent in by one of our fabulous Time 2 $ave facebook fans Rachel R!!! She said she got this recipe from her mom but has added her own twist to make it a family favorite! She thinks the beer and chipotle chili powder really makes it stand out!! In her words………this is the BEST chili recipe I’ve ever had!!! Make sure to check out all of the different chili recipes we’ve posted in our new series Best Chili Recipes!
Thanks so much Rachel for sharing your recipe and photo with us! I have now dubbed your weeknight chili recipe award winning chili!! My hubby wants me to make it, as one of his favorite meals is Beer Chili with Baked Ziti at Spaghetti Warehouse!
Award Winning Chili: Weeknight Chili Recipe Guest Post
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 can kidney beans undrained
- 1 can chili beans in sauce undrained
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 oz
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder more or less to taste!
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Beer to taste 8-10oz
- Brown ground beef, onion, and green pepper in a large saucepan until no longer pink and vegetables are softened.
- Drain, and return to saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients to ground beef mixture and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve in individual bowls topped with sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped onions or chopped chives.(optional)
- *NOTE: I have also added 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon powder to make it more of a Cincinnati style chili.
Don’t forget to check out all the other recipes in our new recipe series – Best Chili Recipes!