This Best Buttermilk Pie Recipe is an older post, but one of our MOST pinned recipes here on Time2Save! It would make a scrumptious Easter Dessert 🙂
Kasey here, I have barely cooked the past couple of months because I’ve felt so yucky from morning sickness. (In case you missed my announcement on Mother’s Day we are expecting a new addition in November of this year.) I made it up to my family today by making our favorite Best Buttermilk Pie before Gary starts a new AdvoCare 24-day challenge this week.
If you haven’t tried Buttermilk Pie, it is simply amazing!!! One of my absolute favorite desserts, it melts in your mouth and it’s so so easy to make.
This particular recipe, comes straight from my mama’s kitchen. She made me this precious handwritten recipe book when I first got married 17 years ago. By far, it is the most used recipe book in my kitchen. It includes all my family’s favorite recipes. Since it’s not a “secret” recipe I thought I’d share with you.
Best Buttermilk Pie Recipe
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1 unbaked regular 9 inch pie shell
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, and butter in a bowl and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Add buttermilk, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour into pie shell and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the middle is softly set.
- I usually bake mine 50 minutes, but it will depend on how hot your oven cooks.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, move pie to bottom shelf of oven to crisp crust.
- **Update - I've been cooking mine closer to 55 minutes so that the filling sets up properly. Depending on your oven it may take less time.