Disclosure: I was provided with a Britax Advocate ClickTight Convertible Car Seat for my review by Britax. All text and opinions are my own.
As a mom of 4, with an 8-month-old and a 2 yr old still in car seats, safety is really important to me. Now that our baby is nearing her first birthday, it’s almost time to transition her out of her Britax infant carrier into a convertible car seat. Since it had been 2 years since we last purchased one it was time to research all the new technology and upgrades. First, we have been Britax fans all the way back to when our oldest was a baby 13 years ago. We were so impressed with our first Britax convertible car seat as we noticed immediately that the quality and safety standards seemed to be superior in comparison to all other brands. Over the years we’ve had Britax infant car seats, convertible car seats, and booster seats without any complaints. I was super excited that Britax offered to send a Britax Advocate ClickTight Convertible car seat for review as I feel that our experience over the years could provide valuable information for those looking to upgrade their current car seat or make their first purchase. Below I have included a list and a video review of the top 5 features that I found the most valuable.
- Size compatibility – The Advocate ClickTight is safe rear facing for children weighing from 5lbs to 40lbs and from 20 to 65lbs forward facing. Even more so, our oldest 2 kids were in a Britax car seat forward facing with a 5pt harness until they were closer to that 65lb mark. We wanted to make sure that this car seat would last our toddler both rear and forward facing until she graduated to a booster seat.
- Proper Installation – Can I make a confession? I’ve never installed a car seat. My husband is very particular about our car seats being installed properly so I have been happy to take a back seat to him being our official family car seat installer. However, now that we have babies again with big kids (our kids are 13, 11, 2, and 8 months) I seem to be on the go much more and can see that there may be times when I need to swap out car seats. My hubby said that the ClickTight installation system is was the easiest he has ever used. In fact, I even got a quick lesson in proper car seat installation from him. I love how easy it was and I appreciate the fact that I can be confident that it is installed correctly every time in any kind of vehicle with the ClickTight system.
- Added Safety Features – 3 layers of side impact protection and an impact absorbing steel frame
- 14 Position, Quick Adjusting Harness – We’ve had to readjust car seats many times over the years. Usually, it requires rethreading harnesses and turning the seat upside down to make adjustments. With the Advocate ClickTight you can easily move the headrest up and down to best fit your child as they grow.
- Easy Cover Removal – If you’ve ever had a kid puke in their car seat you know how beneficial it is to remove the cover to wash without having to remove the harness.
Of course, there are many other features and benefits of the Advocate ClickTight Convertible Car Seats. For more information, click here. To view various other Britax Convertible Car Seat models click here.