Carrot Cake Blondies Recipe
When I was a kid, the dessert on Easter was always carrot cake and cheese cake. So I just get in the mood for carrot cake come Spring (which is kind of weird since it’s more of a Fall flavor).
Here’s what it looks like after you squish it down in the pan and spread it evenly with the back of your spoon….
And here’s what it looks like 25 – 30 minutes later….
And here’s what it looks like once you drizzle some white chocolate over the top….
And here’s what it looks like when you sit down with a glass of milk and call all the kids in for a yummy treat, just because you are the best mom ever.
These went over so well, I’m thinking I’ll make them for Easter as well, except I’ll probably put cute little icing carrots on top. 🙂 Let us know how they turn out for you!
- 1 Boxed Carrot Cake Mix
- 2 Large Eggs
- 5 Tablespoons of Melted Butter (that's just a spoonful more than ½ stick)
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 3 Tablespoons of Applesauce
- Extra white chocolate chips for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9 x 13" glass baking dish or cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, blend cake mix, eggs, melted butter and applesauce on medium until fully incorporated.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and spread into greased pan.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Melt ¼ cup of white chocolate and a ¼ tsp of shortening in the microwave for 20 seconds, stir until smooth.
- Drizzle across the blondies and let cool on a baking rack for 30 minutes.