Earlier this week one of my friends blessed us with this amazing Chicken & Wild Rice Soup for dinner. It was chock full of yummy veggies, and tasted incredible. In fact, my entire family loved it. I immediately texted my friend and asked for her recipe, which she kindly shared. She said it was one of her easy go to recipes that she can whip up in a flash. Since my family enjoyed it so much, I thought I would share with you. With the weather getting colder, it’s the perfect meal on a cold day. This recipe would pair nicely with my 5 Ingredient Super Easy Homemade English Muffin Bread.
Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- 2 boxes chicken broth 32oz
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- 2 chicken breasts cut into small bites
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1 bag frozen mixed veggies
- 1 bag frozen broccoli
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- pepper to taste
- Pour broth into pot and bring to a boil.
- Add spices, may add more or less according to taste.
- Add raw cut up chicken, stirring occasionally.
- Cook on medium/low until chicken is cooked through.
- Add evaporated milk, veggies, and rice.
- Simmer on low until rice is cooked through stirring occasionally.
- May need to add more broth or milk as soup cooks as rice will absorb liquid.
- Season to taste.