A couple of weeks ago, my son and I went to Olive Garden for our date night. They had a new citrus grilled chicken that was absolutely amazing!! I recently found this recipe and thought I’d try to make it at home. You can change up this recipe to make it even more healthy. When I make it I’m going to leave out the flour and either use whole grain noodles or just leave out the noodles entirely. Serve with a side of steamed veggies and a green salad for a healthy meal!
This recipe is AdvoCare 24-Day Challenge friendly if you omit flour and substitute whole grain noodles or omit the noodles entirely.
Chicken Piccata Recipe
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half
- 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 lemon cut in slices
- 1 C chicken stock
- 1/4 C drained capers
- 2 TBSP fresh parsley chopped
- Pkg of thin spaghetti
- Sift flour, salt and pepper. Place ingredients on a large dinner plate.
- Pound the chicken breasts that you have cut in half to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half again.
- Coat the 4 chicken breasts in the flour mixture.
- Using a large skillet on high heat.
- Add 1 TBSP of olive oil and cook chicken on both sides until slightly brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Cook the garlic in the remaining sauce on medium heat 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice stirring the browned flour mixture in the skillet.
- In the same pan pour in the chicken stock, lemon slices, and capers.
- Reduce the above liquid in half by cooking it for up to 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Add the remaining olive oil and parsley to the skillet.
- Reheat the chicken in the skillet with the prepared sauce.
- Heat water and when hot enough add pasta.
- Cook pasta until ready.
- Toss the sauce from the chicken with the spaghetti.
- Add the cooked chicken.