I loved grilled chicken salads with different kinds of fruits. The Fuji Apple Salad at Panera is one of my absolute favorites, so I decided to make our version at home. My oldest daughter chopped all the fruits and veggies while I cooked the chicken. This was such an easy, delicious, and healthy meal! We all enjoyed it and will add to our dinner rotation of favorite recipes. You can adjust the toppings for the salad to meet your family’s tastes.
Fuji Apple Chicken Salad
- 1 1/2 lb chicken tenders
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1/2 cup vinegarette or Italian dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of local organic honey
- 1 fuji apple chopped (I soaked in lemon juice first)
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- cucumber chopped
- 1 orange chopped
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 green pepper sliced (I was out)
- a handful of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup crisp dried fuji apples
- 1/2 cup pecans optional
- 1 bag of romaine prewashed lettuce and spring mix lettuce.
- Add 1 tsp of olive oil to skillet.
- Add chicken tenders, vinegarette, and local honey to skillet. Cover with lid and cook on low to medium for 8 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and cook until done. I use a meat thermometer to test doneness.
- Wash and chop veggies.
- Once the chicken is done, slice then add lettuce to a large platter.
- Add fruits, veggies, chicken to the salad and serve with your favorite dressing.