Normally, we grab a protein bar or drink a meal replacement shake for breakfast. However, these Healthy Southwest Breakfast Cups are an easy grab and go breakfast that I’ve been making my hubby for a change this week that is full of protein! This recipe is very versatile, you could add your favorite ingredients to suit your taste.
Healthy Southwest Breakfast Muffins
- 12 eggs
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped (I just grabbed a couple of handfuls)
- 2 jalapeños seeded
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- dash of hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional - turkey sausage/turkey bacon cheese
- Crack eggs in a bowl, add a splash of water, hot sauce, and salt/pepper. Then beat with a whisk or fork for a minute or so.
- Sauté green peppers, onions, spinach, garlic, and jalapeños in a tad bit of olive oil or cooking spray until tender, then allow to cool.
- Grease muffin pan well, then spoon sautéed veggies evenly in each muffin cup.
- Pour egg mixture on top of sautéed veggies and bake at 350 degrees for 15 min.
- Store in fridge and pop in the microwave or toaster oven before serving.