I really really LOVE French fries. However, since we started eating healthier I try to stay away from fried foods. Instead, I make homemade baked fries. They are so easy to make and are super delicious. My kids say that my homemade baked fries are their very favorite.
I don’t particularly enjoy cutting potatoes into fries, but have found a contraption that makes my job so much easier! I use the Vidalia Chop Wizard with the larger attachment to chop my potatoes. It’s so easy, literally takes me less than 5 minutes plus I can use it to chop veggie for soups, salads, etc.
- Chop vegetables, fruit, cheese, and more in half the time
- Handy gadget chops and dices veggies with one swift motion
- Includes 2 super sharp insert discs for perfect chopping and dicing every time
- Catch container doubles as a measuring cup with marks from 1/2 cup up to 2 cups
- Includes handy lid cleaning tool; dishwasher safe
Homemade Baked Fries
- 8 baking potatoes
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon zesty seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice washed potatoes into fries. (I use the Vidalia Onion Chopper)
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients.
- Use enough olive oil so that fries are lightly coated.
- Cook for 5 minutes in microwave.
- Pour fries on a greased baking sheet in a single layer.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until crisp, stirring every 10 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Salt if desired.