Here is a fabulous recipe for homemade easy cinnamon rolls that I originally posted on Father’s Day. My kids have requested that we have cinnamon rolls this year on Christmas morning, in addition to my mom’s sausage strata casserole. So, it looks like we’ll have both this year. I especially love that I can make this recipe the night before and pop in the oven in the morning. I saw the recipe online at Kevin & Amanda, however I made a couple of adaptions. These are the BEST cinnamon rolls I’ve ever had. Although we’ve been on a quest to eat healthier and exercise, on special occasions we’re still gonna eat oooey gooey cinnamon rolls. I’m okay with that.
Homemade Easy Cinnamon Rolls! YUMMY!
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup regular sugar
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins and/or nuts optional
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Lightly flour counter tops.
- Unroll crescent rolls.
- Pinch seams together to form a large rectangle.
- Slather 1/2 stick room temperature butter all over dough.
- Mix together 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/4 cup cinnamon.
- Sprinkle sugar/cinnamon mixture generously all over buttered dough.
- Add raisins and/or nuts. (optional)
- Carefully roll the dough into a log.
- Using a serrated bread knife, carefully cut into 8 pieces.
- Wrap in wax or parchment paper. If you don’t have any you could cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in fridge overnight or you can cook immediately.
- Mix together the other half of the stick of butter melted and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Then pour in bottom of cast iron skillet or baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Mix together ingredients for sweet vanilla glaze and drizzle on top of cinnamon rolls while hot.