Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl is a fabulous low carb meal idea that tastes delicious and is easy to make.
Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
Keto Egg Roll in a bowl is such an easy recipe to make. I’ve been making it for over a year, and it is just one of those go-to recipes that I can throw together quickly that we also really enjoy. Keeping ground beef already browed in the freezer is another way to make Keto Egg Roll in a bowl a quick dinner solution when you are in a time crunch. Since the Instant Pot cooks foods so quickly, sometimes I throw this together for my lunch at the beginning of the week so that I can enjoy it for several days. I don’t usually prepare any other sides to go with it since Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl is a complete meal in itself, but if you’d like to add a side a nice leafy green salad is fantastic.
What Instant Pot do I use to cook Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl?
I have the Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer. I think they have even fancier ones out now, but I’ve only ever used the pressure cooker, saute, and warmer functions.
If you have never used an Instant Pot, I like to describe it as a slow cooker on steroids. It is also much like the old stovetop pressure cooker that my mom has, but with tons of added safety features, so it doesn’t seem quite so intimidating. You can throw meat in frozen if you forget in the morning and have mouth-watering tender meat in no time at all.
Keto Egg Roll in a bowl is so easy to make. After you brown the ground beef, onions, and garlic you just throw the rest of the ingredients on top before closing the lid and cooking under pressure.
Within just a few minutes you’ll be able to enjoy this simple and delicious meal.
How to Make Low Carb Egg Roll in a Bowl
Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- `1 cabbage, shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup Bragg's aminos
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3/4 tsp ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (optional)
- Turn Instant Pot setting to saute and add ground beef, onions, and garlic cloves.
- Brown ground beef with the onions and garlic then drain and return to Instant Pot.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Lock the lid of the Instant Pot then set the timer to 3 minutes high pressure. If you prefer your cabbage to still have a little crunch to it you may prefer to reduce the cooking time to 1 to 2 minutes instead of 3.
- When the 3-minute cycle is complete, do a QR (quick release). Once the pin drops remove the lid and stir. If there is still liquid in the bottom of the dish you can saute for a 2-3 minutes to let it reduce or scoop out the servings with a slotted spoon. Optional - Drizzle sesame oil on top.
Other Keto Instant Pot Recipes