We put our tree up last week in the Trenum house and are already fully in the Christmas/Thanksgiving spirit. I like to experiement with new recipes as it gets closer to the holidays. I enjoy giving freshly baked goodies to our friends and family at Christmas but like to try recipes first to make sure they turn out okay. These Marbled Brownies with M&M’S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies turned out amazing! The recipe was super easy as well.
I’ve included step-by-step pics above of the marbling process above for your convenience.
Marbled Brownie Recipe
- 1 box 8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package brownie mix choose directions for the cake-style brownies
- 1 cup M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sugar.
- Add the egg, milk and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the package directions.
- Spoon 2/3 of the brownie batter into a parchment-lined 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Spoon the reserved cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter.
- Now scrape the remaining brownie batter over the cream cheese mixture.
- Swirl the tip of a knife through the batter to make a marbled effect.
- Press M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies into the batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes in a preheated, 350-degree oven until slightly moist in the center.
- Cool completely before cutting 8x4 into 1½-inch squares.