Don’t forget to pin it for later! Just click the “Pin it” button at the top of the post!
If you’ve been searching through Memorial Day dessert recipes, you may want to consider making this Patriotic Punch Bowl Cake. It’s super easy to make and so yummy! You can use a store bought angel food cake, or make a cake yourself. The great thing about punch bowl cakes, is that you can vary the ingredients and type of cake to suit your fancy. Yellow cake, white cake, and pound cake are just a couple of varieties that could be substituted. This Memorial Day recipe looks very patriotic with the red, white, and blue color combination from the strawberries, blueberries, and whipped topping.
Patriotic Punch Bowl Cake Recipe
- 1 - Angel Food Cake can use store bought or vary type of cake
- 2 tubs whipped topping
- 1 pint blueberries washed and dried
- 2 pints strawberries washed, dried, and sliced
- strawberry glaze optional
- If using store bought cake, chop into squares and set aside. If making a cake, make sure it is completely cooled before chopping.
- Layer ingredients in a large glass bowl or punch bowl starting with cake.
- Next, sprinkle strawberries and blueberries.
- Add strawberry glaze, and top off with whipped topping.
- Repeat layers until bowl is full ending with a layer of whipped topping.
- Decorate top of punch bowl cake with strawberries and blueberries.
- Best served after refrigerating overnight.