I love easy recipes! Especially those that I can throw in one pan together and bake so I can focus on other tasks at hand. This recipe for Rosemary Chicken and Veggies in Mustard Sauce turned out amazing!! I used all fresh veggies including carrots, onions, red potatoes, and green beans. You could use any kind of chicken you want, however my kids requested legs (which I hate) so I bought a whole cut up chicken. Serve with a simple green salad for a healthy easy dinner.
This recipe is AdvoCare 24-Day Challenge friendly.
Rosemary Chicken and Veggies in Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 teaspoons salt divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoon pepper divided (may reduce to suit taste)
- 6 small red potatoes chopped
- 3 carrots cut into chunks
- 1 red onion cut into chunks
- 2 1/2 cups fresh green beans can substitute with two cans of green beans
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 whole chicken cut up
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coarse dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 3/4 teaspoon pepper, garlic, veggies, and lemon.
- Dump veggie mixture in a large roasting pan.
- Place chicken on top.
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, rosemary, coarse mustard, and chicken broth in a measuring cup and mix well.
- Pour mixture over chicken and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is done.
- If you prefer your veggies tender, remove chicken from pan and return pan to oven until veggies reach desired consistency.
- If needed add more chicken broth to veggies so that they don't dry out.
- Serve chicken and veggies with a green salad.