Some mornings call for a slice of bread. But it can be difficult to find good-tasting keto recipes for bread. This moist and delicious Strawberry Low Carb Bread with homemade icing can be served at breakfast or as a sweet treat.
STRAWBERRY LOW CARB BREAD RECIPE
I’ve loved strawberries since I was a little girl barefoot in my grandparent’s garden, carefully picking the best strawberries for my grandmother’s homemade six-layer strawberry shortcake. That cake was always the star of the show at every family gathering, and it’s one I had never forgotten even though my grandmother passed away when I was in high school. Since saying goodbye to sugar and embarking on a low carb lifestyle, I thought I’d make a Strawberry Low Carb Bread Recipe with a delicious homemade icing in honor of my grandmother, who nurtured my love of cooking from a very young age.
Even if you aren’t a baker, this keto strawberry bread recipe comes together very quickly with just a few steps. Besides the keto specialty ingredients listed below, you don’t need anything special to make this bread. It is also a great way to use strawberries before they go bad.
Keto Specialty Ingredients used in this recipe:
Here is a list of the Keto Speciality Ingredients that I used to make this delicious mouth-watering keto quick bread recipe.
- Coconut Flour – You can sub almond flour, but you’ll need four times as much.
- Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered or Swerve Confectioners Sweetener – These sweeteners measure the same so that you would use the same amount of either. I don’t recommend using Stevia as it tends to be very bitter in baked goods.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – this is a keto regular. It provides extra fats to ensure you stay in ketosis. Plus, it provides a good consistency for the cake and the moisture needed for good icing.
Because of the coconut flour’s fiber content, the batter will very thick, but it will bake up nice and moist. This is also why you use more eggs and oil or butter in keto bread recipes. Without the added moisture from the eggs and oil, the bread would be tough and dry.
How to Make Strawberry Low Carb Bread
To get started, line a loaf pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
Step 1: Melt the butter and set it aside to cool. Beat together the eggs, egg white, Monkfruit powdered, sour cream, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
Step 2: Add the melted butter to the mixture and beat it until well combined.
Step 3: Stir the coconut flour in until it is combined well. Then, add the diced strawberries and stir. The batter is going to be thick.
Step 4: Spoon the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 65 to 70 minutes. To check for doneness, insert a knife into the center of the bread. If it comes out clean, the bread is done. Note: If the top of the loaf still looks somewhat wet, cook for two or three more minutes.
Set the loaf aside and let it cool for five to 10 minutes.
How to Make the Icing for the Strawberry Low Carb Bread
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until the icing begins to turn light pink. You may need to add a tad bit more heavy whipping cream if the icing is too thick.
Wait until after you add the strawberries before evaluating the need for more heavy whipping cream as the strawberries’ moisture content will release and thin out the icing as you stir it. If then it seems too thick, add a tad bit more heavy whipping cream. Keep in mind that the warmth from the bread will make the icing easier to spread..
Doesn’t it look amazing? This Strawberry Low Carb Bread turned out as I had hoped. Although it took a few tries to get it just right, it was worth the wait.
Can I freeze strawberry low carb bread?
You can store the strawberry keto bread in an airtight container or zipper bag in the freezer. It should last in the freezer for about six months. You will want to let it thaw out to room temperature before eating it.
How long will the keto bread keep?
The keto bread is fresh and doesn’t contain additives and preservatives. It will not store long on the countertop. I store all of my keto bread recipes in the fridge for up to a week wrapped in saran wrap in an airtight container to keep them from drying out.
Can I use different berries for this bread?
You can substitute other types of berries like blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries. For those berry varieties, you can use them frozen. Strawberries work much better for this recipe if they are fresh.
What can I serve with the strawberry low carb bread?
There are a few toppings that are delicious with this keto bread. Of course, you can use it for dessert or for your breakfast toast if you like. Or you can top it with things like:
- a tab of butter melted on top of a warm slice
- fresh strawberries
- keto whipped cream
Don’t Miss any of my Keto Recipes
If you aren’t already following my Easy Keto/Low Carb Recipe Page on Facebook, where I post all my new recipes, you can join here and follow me on Pinterest here. Make sure also to check out and bookmark my Keto/low carb recipe index. Below are a few more of my favorite recipes!
Other Low Carb Desserts with Strawberries:
How to Make Strawberry Low Carb Bread
Strawberry Low Carb Bread
For the Icing
- 3/4 cup Monkfruit Powdered
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- dash of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a regular loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs, egg white, Monkfruit Powdered, sour cream, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon until combined.
- Add the melted butter to the mixture and beat again until combined.
- Stir in the coconut flour until thoroughly combined.
- Add the diced strawberries to the batter and stir. The batter will be thick.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes or until knife inserted in center of bread comes out clean. If the knife comes out clean, but the bread still looks a little "wet" on top cook for 2-3 minutes longer.
- Allow bread to cool for 5 minutes-10 minutes
For the Icing
- Combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth and the icing turns pink from the strawberries. Can add more heavy whipping cream if needed.
- Spoon the icing over warm bread and allow to drizzle down the sides.