Chili makes my family happy, the more beans the better! This vegetarian Three Bean Chili recipe contains chili beans, and light and dark kidney beans for a hearty meal. This was my first attempt at making a vegetarian chili, I wasn’t sure if my family would go for it or not. As much as they love beans, I should not have worried! This Best Vegetarian Chili lived up to it’s name!! I will definitely be making it again!
Best Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce 28 ounce
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 14 ounce
- 1 carton vegetable broth 4 cups
- 2 can chili beans do not drain
- 1 can light kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can dark kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- dash cinnamon
- Saute onion and green pepper in one tablespoon olive oil over medium heat until softened.
- Add broth, tomatoes, beans and spices.
- Stir well to combine ingredients.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, reduce to low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls. Top with shredded cheese, sour cream and corn ships. (optional)