This recipe is very similar to the White Chili with Chicken I posted earlier. You can make this recipe with either turkey or chicken, depending on your preference. Personally, I don’t like any kind of chili beans, kidney beans, pinto beans or great northern beans. However, I have had a long standing love of butter beans since I was a little girl. Instead of my having to go through and pick out the beans in every spoonful, I substituted the great northern beans in this recipe with large white butter beans. I have to say, I loved the way it turned out!! So much easier to eat, when I don’t have to worry about picking out all the beans.
Turkey Chili Recipe
- 1 carton of chicken broth 32 ounces
- 3 cans great northern beans 15 1/2 ounces
- 2 cups cooked Turkey shredded (may substitute chicken)
- 1 can cream of onion soup
- 1 can diced green chilies 4 ounce
- 1 cup corn sweet corn niblets either fozen or canned
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine broth, soup, corn, 2 1/2 cans of beans (set aside 1/2 can), and spices into stockpot on medium heat.
- Using a fork or potato masher, carefully mush the reserved 1/2 can of beans and add to chili mixture.
- Bring to a boil, over medium heat and add turkey to mixture; reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Top with Shredded cheese and sour cream if desired.