If you are looking to whip up sweet Valentine’s recipes, you don’t need to worry about spending a lot of money or time in the kitchen. With about 45 minutes and a few simple ingredients, you can whip up this sweet and colorful Valentine Cupcake recipe. These cupcakes are perfect for gifting, school bake sales, or just to make and enjoy with your family!
Valentine Heart Cupcakes
- 1 Box Basic Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1 Box Basic Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 Packages of Cream Cheese 8 ox. each, softened
- 2 Cups Sifted Confectioner's Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter softened
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- First, prepare your cake mix per the package directions.
- Fill each cupcake cup with 1/3 full of the chocolate mix, then 1/3 full of the strawberry mix.
- Bake as directed on the product box.
- Next, you are going to prepare your topping while your cupcakes are baking.
- Stir together your cream cheese and softened butter for 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Gradually add in confectioners' sugar, and mix on low until mixture is combined and frosting is smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and stir until mixed well.
- Store the mixture in the refrigerator and allow it to set.
- Once your cupcakes are cooked AND cooled well, just top them with your cream cheese frosting. You can either get fancy and pipe it on (simply put the mixture in a plastic baggie, twist, and snip off the tip to pipe on) or spread it on with a knife. It is always fun to add sprinkles as garnish if you wish, but these are pretty enough to stand on their own as well.
- Happy Baking!