It’s time to start thinking about Valentine’s Day recipes!! How fun it is to bake Valentine cupcakes, especially if your kiddos are old enough to help! It’s so easy to make your kids feel super special as we countdown to Valentine’s Day by making Valentine’s themed desserts, dinners, snacks etc. Stay tuned, as we have lots of fun Valentine’s Day ideas to share with you!!
Y’all are going to love this yummy Strawberry Shortcake Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe guest post from my friend Sadie!! She is an amazing baker if only she lived closer to me I’d love to have one of these Strawberry Shortcake Red Velvet Cupcakes right now!!! There is just something about scrumptious cupcakes – the perfect balance of cake and frosting that makes them irresistible.
Valentine Cupcakes: Strawberry Shortcake Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 1 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dunkin Hines Frosting with Strawberry Shortcake Mix-in
- Preheat your oven to 350*.
- Whisk together flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the oil, eggs, food coloring, buttermilk, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners almost 2/3 full, and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.